1. To do laundry, first sort your dirty clothes, making separate piles for whites, bright colors and darks. If you mix whites with colors in the wash, the colors may bleed onto and ruin your whites. As you sort, close zippers to prevent snagging, and empty pockets.
2. Before you load the washer first you have to unfold the clothes and put them in the tub loosely. Do not overload. There has to be empty space on top of the tub, according to the indication of each washing machine.
3. Pre-treat heavy stains with laundry detergent or stain remover, heeding instructions on the product label.
4. Use soap from the soap vending machine or the measuring cap of the detergent bottle or the cup found in detergent boxes to measure out the right amount of laundry soap according to the manufacturer’s instructions. The bleach should be used according to instructions. Usually is used together with the detergent in the same compartment. In the dispenser drawer only use liquid bleach.
5. Pour the soap into your washer (for top load washer) or its detergent dispenser (for front load washer). Add liquid fabric softener, if desired, according to the product instructions.
6. For washing QUILTS & BLANKETS is proposed to use liquid detergent. Powder detergents may leave spots.
7. Choose the proper wash cycle. Consult the labels on your clothes, your washing machine’s instruction manual or the detergent container for recommendations on washing temperature.
8. Washing takes approximately 25 to 35 minutes.
9. Put the clothes in the dryer after the wash is complete. Check tags in order to select the correct drying settings.
10. Remove lint from the dryer’s lint tray.
11. Select the correct drying temperature for your laundry load according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
12. Close the door and start the dryer. Expect the drying cycle to take from 20 minutes to 50 minutes for a full load.
13. When drying bulky items, like blankets and quilts, it is recommended to remove them from the dryer and reload them in the opposite direction.
14. Once the clothes are completely dry, remove them from the dryer and fold your clean laundry.